September 30, 2017
About The Vampire 5k
Vampire 5k is an one-of-a-kind Vampire themed event.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up as a either a Vampire or Citizen.
- Vampires will have a designated spot on course to try and “convert” the Citizens, who will be running. There will only be 50 Vampires to start registration so if this is YOU, they will sell out fast. Run starts at dusk!
- The hunt is on. Vampires try to convert Citizens by “marking” them red (red powder) . Citizens try to escape with their mortality intact.
- Gotta celebrate at the after party.
Join us in September and get ready to confirm what we have known all along, running sucks!
Solo: Sign up as a Vampire, they love to hunt alone(limitedspots). Sign up as a Citizen and you’ll be running from those blood suckers.
4 person team/family: The family that runs together, gets away from Vampires together (in most cases) Form a team of 4 or more you each save $5 on ENTRY.
NOTE: If you sign up as a team you will save $5 per entry!
- Entry to run the 5k
- One of a kind “Running Sucks” t-shirt
- One adult beverage (red beer) *21 and over
- Red glow stick for after party
- Water and post run snacks
- Vampire makeover for vampires ONLY (may me limited supply)
If you are a part of a large group, club, company, team, or school we have special pricing. Shoot us an email to thevampire5k (at) gmail (dot) com to inquire!
We will be announcing our charity partner soon!
Kids are welcome to run if accompanied by an adult (13 and under). People get into the spirit of the event which may include heavy vampire themed costumes and dress so plan accordingly with the younger kids!
Join our FB for more new(sy) type stuff and updates.
Or even better, invite friend to the event page.
Race Day Schedule
September 30th, 2016
Starting time will be at 6:30pm with waves of 100 people every 5 minutes.
You should arrive at least an hour before your start time to check in.
Plan on Colorado fall weather with the potential to get pretty cool once the sun goes down. We suggest all Citizens to wear a white or light colored shirt so the Vampire know when you are coming.
Parking: is free and will be tended by volunteers. All waivers must be complete before your race bib is a assigned.
Packet Pick Up: TBD
*ID for beer
*Change of clothes for after run or more Vampire attire for costume contests
*Lots of friends